Title: Water Safety Instructor - PALS
Salary: $14.91 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR (PALS Aquatics): Under general supervision, works in specialized area of recreation. Instructs any level of class needed in aquatics specialty. Prepares course objectives, plans lessons, selects appropriate drills, and evaluates students and course for the Beaufort County Parks and Leisure Services*.
- High School or GED
- One (1) year experience in aquatics (swimming instruction, water safety instruction, life guarding, first aid, CPR)
- Must possess and maintain valid Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Certified Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications from the American Red Cross.
- Copies of the above certifications MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION. Applications without them will not be considered.
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.
*Beaufort County has various facilities within the county, and many departments have multiple offices to serve our citizens. Management reserves the right to transfer employees from one location to another within the county at any time based on business need. Employees will be given as much notice as possible prior to a change in work location.