Title: Waiver Respite Breakers - Part Time - DSN
Salary: $11.77 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
WAIVER RESPITE PROVIDER - BREAKERS (Disabilities & Special Needs): Provides home-based respite care for adults and children with developmental disabilities and other special needs within DSN’s Breakers Program. This position is on an as needed basis. Will be required to attend a one week orientation/training the 2nd week of the month Monday through Friday for 8 hours per day.
Breakers Program hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:00 until 6:00 p.m. Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Respite services are provided to individuals unable to care for themselves: furnished on short-term basis because of need for relief of those persons normally providing care. Beaufort DSN. This is a grant-funded position.
- Proof of High school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, including holidays
- Valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years
- No convictions for criminal domestic violence, any criminal violence, crime of moral turpitude or crime which carries a sentence of one or more years
- An extensive background check will be conducted on all applicants considered for this position.
- Ability to attend required one week of training with annual renewal of training.
- Medical background (CNA or LPN preferred)
- Experience in providing care for children and/or adults
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.