Title: Training Specialist - DSN
Salary: $13.00 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
TRAINING SPECIALIST (DSN): Under either direct or indirect supervision, provides individualized person centered programming/training, as well as ensures the health, safety and accountability for adults with developmental disabilities in a residential facility/residence or Day Program.
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience in patient care required.
- Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Physically demanding work - requires the ability to stand for sustained periods of time and physical ability to perform two-man lifts up to 200 pounds
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past 5 years and a conscientious driving record due to client transporting responsibilities
- No convictions for criminal domestic violence or any criminal convictions for a crime of moral turpitude or crime that carries a sentence of one or more years
- Extensive criminal background investigation, including driving record, will be conducted on all applicants considered for this position.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule and varied hours
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation