Title: Summer Parks and Leisure Services Positions
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
PALS SUMMER JOBS
2017 Summer Dates: May 22, 2017 – September 8, 2017
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
LIFEGUARD (16 weeks): Under direct supervision, responsible for public safety in all areas of pool operation. Assists in teaching swim lessons for Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services.
- Training involving lifeguard training, swimming, First Aid and CPR, OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Certified Lifeguard, First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification from the American Red Cross or equivalent. Must submit copies of certifications with application to be considered!!!
- Must be at least 16 yrs. old.
SALARY: $13.00 hr
SUMMER FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM MONITOR (8 to 10 weeks): Trains and oversees site supervisors who distribute lunches. Maintains daily contact with the site supervisors and monitors distribution of lunches at different sites around the County and evaluates the program for correct SFSP procedures. Hours and days vary from 3-6 hours per daily.
- High school diploma
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to drive own car daily to different sites
- Must be computer literate and able to work with children and adults
- Must be able to attend sponsor lead training workshops upon being hired
SALARY RANGE: $9.25 DOQ
SUMMER FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM SITE SUPERVISOR (8 to 10 weeks): Serves lunches, performs necessary record keeping at assigned site, and is responsible for daily log of meal service. One to three hours per day.
- Ability to work with young children and adults
- Food service experience needed
SALARY: $7.25 DOQ
SUMMER NUTRITION COORDINATOR - (Temporary/ approx. 6 months): Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services is seeking a qualified individual to manage our Summer Nutrition Program. The successful candidate would be responsible for managing this grant-funded program to ensure all USDA guidelines are followed as outlined in the grant documentation. Duties will include monitoring and adhering to the established budget, providing training and oversight to the site supervisors and monitors at approximately 52 locations in the County, and maintaining accurate records to ensure grant reimbursement
- High school diploma; Associate’s Degree with coursework in business or accounting preferred
- Ability to interpret and adhere to USDA Nutrition Grant requirements
- Ability to create, monitor, and adhere to a program budget
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and detailed records
- Some supervisory / management experience
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
SALARY: DOQ – Submit salary requirements with application
Some Beaufort County departments maintain more than one office location. Beaufort County reserves the right to transfer employees in both short term and long term capacities to an alternate location at any time for any reason