Title: Special Projects Engineer - Public Works
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
Special Projects Engineer (Public Works) – Position reports to the Public Works Director, providing leadership in development, implementation, and management of existing and new projects/programs. Reviews, approves and inspects encroachment requests. Researches and recommends sustainability initiatives; coordinates complex in-house operation and maintenance projects for Public Works crews, outside agencies and material suppliers. Provides support with grant funding research and applications, as well as assistance with budget preparation and maintenance. Develops and oversees asset management program for Roads & Drainage and Solid Waste sections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- A minimum of three (3) years Project Management experience
- **Proficiency with advanced computer programs
- Ability to multi-task, compose accurate and detailed reports, communicate effectively and perform required duties under minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with Civil Engineering and Project Management concepts
- Provides direction to employees and contractors, self motivated and detail oriented
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Please forward cover letter with salary requirements, application, and resume to:
Mail: Beaufort County Employee Services
P.O. Drawer 1228
Beaufort, SC 29901-1228
Hand-Deliver: Beaufort County Employee Services
100 Ribaut Rd., Admin. Bldg., Room 100
Beaufort, SC 29902
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
**Candidates considered for this position will be given a practical examination to demonstrate the required level of computer proficiency.