Title: Solid Waste and Recycling Operations Foreman
Salary: $16.38 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING OPERATIONS FOREMAN: Supervises activities and staff; coordinates and monitors work activities to ensure a high level of customer service as well as compliance with applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures involving Drop Off Center operations. Compiles activity data and provides statistical analysis regarding center operations, prepares work schedules, and assists with budget preparation and monitoring expenditures. Interacts with other County departments, service providers, and outside agencies as needed to coordinate work activities; interacts frequently with the public.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical training; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer services skills required
- Two years of progressively responsible supervisory experience
- Background in law enforcement, codes enforcement, solid waste disposal or recycling operations a plus
- Computer proficiency, including Word and Excel**
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license
- Position requires availability to work weekends*
*(Position is currently 4 – 10 hour shifts with alternating weekends; the County reserves the right to change scheduled hours at any time for any reason)
**Candidates considered for this position will be given a practical examination to demonstrate the required level of communication, math, and computer proficiency.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.