Title: Senior Administrative Assistant to County Council
Salary: $16.38 DOQ
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (County Council): Reporting to the Clerk to Council, performs a wide variety of complex administrative, secretarial and office management duties. Interacts frequently with a diverse group that includes, but is not limited to, citizens, Council and Board members, and other governmental agencies. Accurately processes large volumes of information and data in various forms for distribution and permanent record.
- Associate’s degree in business, office administration or related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three to five years progressively responsible clerical/office administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Acrobat Professional; familiarity with social media
- Experience transcribing meeting minutes preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Extremely high level of accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail, and discretion
- Excellent customer services skills and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work evening hours as needed
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Some evening and weekend work required
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.