Title: Public Safety Analyst INTERN - Full Time TEMP
Salary: $15.00 hr
Open Until: 4/28/2017
PUBLIC SAFETY ANALYST INTERNSHIP (Full Time/Temporary May-August 2017) Position performs administrative work involving data collection, entry, and analysis, marketing, and communications as well as other administrative functions in support of the Public Safety Division Director. Analyzes trends and compiles reports as needed. Will create and maintain a public safety database. Develops and maintains department website, provides basic computer technical support and performs other tasks, such as special projects, as needed.
- Current college student majoring in Criminal Justice or Marketing/Communications or closely related field
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and website development/maintenance
- 1 year of experience in office administration including research, data analysis, and website administration preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.