Title: Property Tax Technician I - Auditor's Office
Salary: $13.09 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
PROPERTY TAX TECHNICIAN I (Auditor’s Office*): Prepares, processes, copies, indexes, files, transmits and/or maintains various departmental documents. Performs routine clerical/data entry duties while processing property tax information in a fast paced environment with frequent customer interaction. Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves moderately complex property tax problems. Performs various other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of college coursework or advanced training in accounting, bookkeeping, or closely related field
- One year of office/clerical experience
- Strong computer and math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to retain and process specific detailed information used in performance of daily office operations
- Valid driver’s license
*This position serves at the pleasure of an elected official.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
*Beaufort County has various facilities within the county, and many departments have multiple offices to serve our citizens. Management reserves the right to transfer employees from one location to another within the county at any time based on business need. Employees will be given as much notice as possible prior to a change in work location.