Title: Painter - Facility Maintenance
Salary: $16.38 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
PAINTER (Facilities Maintenance/Public Works): Under the general supervision of the Buildings Maintenance Superintendent, performs all types of interior and exterior paint work to include proper preparation of various surfaces for painting and maintenance of painting equipment. Maintains records and logs as needed and performs related maintenance duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years experience as a professional painter
- Knowledge of industrial applications/coatings for various surfaces
- Ability to use and operate hand and power tools as needed in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.