Title: Maintenance Technician - Facilities Maintenance
Salary: $14.56 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Facilities Maintenance): Assists in performing general repair, maintenance, and preventive maintenance work on County buildings, systems, equipment and related facilities. Assists in performing skilled, semi-skilled, and/or manual work functions involving building construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, or HVAC projects for Facilities Maintenance Division.
- High school diploma or GED
- Vocational/technical training in construction, carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanics, HVAC maintenance or general building maintenance
- One year previous experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical repair, or air conditioning
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
Some Beaufort County departments maintain more than one office location. Beaufort County reserves the right to transfer employees in both short term and long term capacities to an alternate location at any time for any reason.