Title: Library Assistant I (Part Time/Beaufort)
Salary: $10.51 hr
Open Until: 04/28/2017
LIBRARY ASSISTANT I (Part Time/Beaufort*): Performs a variety of tasks associated with the Library system’s special local history collection and archives unit. Serves as receptionist and monitors and assists customers in the research room. Provides administrative support; provides customer service to library patrons; explains library policies and procedures; assists with the use of library equipment including PCs. Performs other duties as required.
- Two years of college (transcripts must be attached with application)
- One year of related library experience preferred
- Excellent customer service, organizational and computer skills
- Microsoft office proficiency, including demonstrable skills in Excel and Word
- Must be available to work flexible including some evening and weekend hours (approx. 20 hours per week).
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
- Valid drivers license
*Candidates considered for this position will be given a practical examination to demonstrate the required level of computer proficiency
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.
*Beaufort County has various facilities within the county, and many departments have multiple offices to serve our citizens. Management reserves the right to transfer employees from one location to another within the county at any time based on business need. Employees will be given as much notice as possible prior to a change in work location.