Title: Librarian I Bookmobile Assistant Librarian - Driver - St Helena
Salary: 21.49 hr DOQ
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
LIBRARIAN I BOOKMOBILE ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN/DRIVER Full Time (St Helena Island*): Drives to various locations to perform a variety of tasks in the bookmobile; uses an automated system to check library books in and out, issues library cards, determines fines and fees, and registers computer users. Provides excellent customer service to library patrons, explains library policies and procedures, and shelves material according to library procedures.
- MLS from an ALA accredited school
- Three (3) years public library experience working in a library position
- Must be eligible for South Carolina State Library certification
- Excellent customer service, organizational and computer skills, basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record (submit copy of 10 year driving record with application)
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to routinely lift 20 – 35 lbs.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.