Title: Inmate Programs and Services Coordinator - Part Time
Salary: $18.98 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
INMATE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES COORDINATOR (Detention Center/Part Time): Provides counseling services and/or guidance to inmates in the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree preferred with work emphasis in Criminal Justice or related field, criminal justice/court procedures and supervision
- Must complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy for Corrections Officer within one (1) year of employment
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have satisfactory credit history
- Able to pass the physical examination
- NO convictions for criminal domestic violence or any crime of moral turpitude
- Will work evenings and holidays
- Additional insert with application and prescreening required. The insert is available at www.bcgov.net or at Employee Services, 100 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC. Applicants being considered for the position will be contacted to schedule the prescreening.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.