Title: HVAC Technician - Facilities Maintenance
Salary: 20.21 hr DOQ
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
HVAC TECHNICIAN (Facilities Maintenance): Responsible for the installation, repair and preventive maintenance on all types of heating and air conditioning systems. This covers reciprocating systems to 110 tons as well as all types of high and low temperature reach-in and walk-in coolers and window air conditioners. Installs, repairs and maintains gas furnaces, heat pumps for Facilities Management.
- Must possess and maintain valid Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Chloro Fluoro Carbons (CFC) Technician certification for recovery of refrigerant
- Vocational/technical training in refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems maintenance
- Three (3) years experience and/or training that includes installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC/refrigeration systems/equipment and general building maintenance
- Must be familiar with energy management control systems
- Must possess and maintain valid driver's license
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
- High school or GED
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.