Title: Fiscal Technician II - Treasurer's Office
Salary: $16.10 hr
Open Until: 3/31/2017
FISCAL TECHNICIAN II (Treasurer’s Office*): Processes and applies payments, performs other duties including but not limited to: communicating with taxpayers, processes electronic and manual payments related to current and/or delinquent tax collections, participates in tax sale redemptions, maintains records and performs related tasks. Assists in the processing of funds related but not limited to bankruptcy payments, tax sales, tax sale voids, etc. Cross trains in other functionalities as appropriate and directed by supervisor to provide assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- College Degree preferred
- Supplemented by four (4) years previous experience involving office administration, customer service, cashiering, basic bookkeeping, computer programming, personal computer operations, and general office equipment.
- Microsoft Office knowledge is essential for this position, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
*Beaufort County has various facilities within the county, and many departments have multiple offices to serve our citizens. Management reserves the right to transfer employees from one location to another within the county at any time based on business need. Employees will be given as much notice as possible prior to a change in work location.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening, credit check and background investigation. EOE.