Title: Equipment Operator I - Stormwater
Salary: $13.45 hr
Open Until: Until Filled
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I (Stormwater): Under general supervision, operates assigned vehicles and equipment in support of Stormwater Maintenance section of Public Works operations. Performs repetitive duties involving the application of readily understood rules and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Vocational/technical training in heavy equipment operation, vehicle operation, and work in area of assignment
- One (1) year previous experience and/or training involving heavy vehicle operation, equipment operation, and work in specific area of assignment
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B with air brake certification. Official three year driving history from the Department of Motor Vehicles must be submitted with application. Applications submitted without driving record will not be considered.
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.