Title: Employee Services Specialist
Salary: $21.32 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
EMPLOYEE SERVICES SPECIALIST: Assists in administration of Beaufort County’s employee benefits program, including open enrollment, new hire orientation, and maintaining the benefits database. Processes employment advertisements, applications, and pre-employment screenings. Assists employees with benefits and other employment related questions. Assists in the maintenance of job description/classification database for all county positions. Assists in maintaining and updating the Employee Services website. Prepares materials as required for various external agencies. Assists in ensuring compliance with various state and federal agencies in matters pertaining to employment law, benefits administration, and wage & hour law.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, employment law, business administration or closely related field
- Two years experience in human resources related field
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office products**
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency in math**
- Must maintain comprehensive knowledge of employment laws, benefits administration, and wage & hour law
- Position requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License
**Candidates considered for this position will be given a practical examination to demonstrate the required level of communication, math, and computer proficiency.\
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.