Title: Emergency Services Dispatcher - Sheriff's Office
Salary: $15.24 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
EMERGENCY SERVICES DISPATCHER TRAINEE (BCSO): Undergoes 7-9 months of on-the-job training to answer emergency and non-emergency calls in order to dispatch emergency agencies for the Sheriff’s Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No criminal history
- Must possess/maintain a valid driver’s license with no suspensions within the past 5 years
- Must obtain/maintain SC E911, CPR, and NCIC within one year of hire date
- Completed dispatcher insert (Available at the Employee Services Division Office or at www.bcgov.net) must be submitted with application.
- Applicants must submit official monitored typing test results from a SC Department of Employment & Workforce office (SCDEW) or a state employment office if not in South Carolina. The Beaufort County office of SCDEW is located on Castle Rock Road in Beaufort. No other typing tests are acceptable.
- Applications submitted without official typing test results and/or required inserts will not be considered.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment.Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.