Title: EMT/Paramedic - Part AND Full Time
Salary: Shift work - DOQ
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN: Full Time/Basic, Intermediate and Paramedic: Responsible for responding to emergency calls and providing efficient and immediate care to the ill and injured. Will also provide care to patients at the scene and during transport to a medical facility.
- EMT Basic, Intermediate & Paramedic: High school diploma or equivalent and must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license; Ability to work in inclement weather conditions;
- Basic: Must have successfully completed the required basic EMT Basic course and be state certified. Also requires CPR certification (Basic Life Support).
- Intermediate: Must have successfully completed the EMT Intermediate course, be state certified and have one year of related experience; national registration preferred. Also requires CPR certification (Basic Life Support).
- Paramedic: Must have successfully completed the EMT Paramedic course, be state certified and have one year of related experience; national registration preferred. Also requires CPR certification (Basic Life Support) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS).
- IMPORTANT: Submit a copy of your state and national registry certification card with application. Applications submitted without these items will not be considered.
SALARY: EMT/Basic: $11.95 hr
EMT/Intermediate: $11.95 hr
EMT/Paramedic: $13.15 hr
(Based on 24 hour shifts)
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.