Title: Deputy Director of the Detention Center
Salary: $53,456 annually DOQ
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (Detention Center): Under general supervision of the Detention Center Director, performs as the supervisor for security and operations personnel of Beaufort County Detention Center.
- Associate’s degree with course work emphasis in Criminal Justice or a related field
- Jail Management training programs, and Jail Manager Certification (CJM) preferred
- Must have or receive SC Class II Certification within one year of hire
- Five (5) years previous experience and/or training that includes progressively responsible detention center operations, correction facility management , and supervision;
- CPR/First Aid certification within 6 months of hire
- Certified Basic Instructor Certification preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within five the last (5) years
- Must be able to pass physical examination
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a satisfactory credit history
- NO prior criminal domestic violence convictions
- Additional insert with application and prescreening required. The insert is available at www.bcgov.net or at Employee Services, 100 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC. Applicants being considered for the position will be contacted to schedule the prescreening.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.