Title: Correctional Officer Trainee
Salary: $16.38 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER I – TRAINEE: Will be responsible for performing correctional duties involving the care, custody, and control of inmates at the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- High school diploma or GED
- College degree, military experience or law enforcement experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 yrs of age, a U.S. Citizen, able to pass a physical examination, have a satisfactory credit history
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years.
- No prior criminal domestic violence convictions, felonies, or any crime of moral turpitude
- Required to work any hours, days or shift, including holidays and weekends
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must pass an extensive background check to include criminal history and credit history.
- Additional insert with application and prescreening required. The insert is available at www.bcgov.net or at Employee Services, 100 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC. Applicants being considered for the position will be contacted to schedule the prescreening.
- Employment will remain contingent upon successfully completing training at the SC Criminal Justice Academy and passing a physical examination prior to attending the academy.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.