Title: Code Enforcement Officer - Codes Enforcement
Salary: $16.38 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER: Monitors and enforces compliance with the Community Development Code and related ordinances that govern zoning, trash and litter, and junked vehicles; travels throughout the County to visually inspect and investigate potential violations, as well as document complaints and findings.
- Associate’s degree with coursework emphasis in law enforcement, zoning law or related field
- One year experience working with local ordinances and regulations preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.