Title: Assistant IT Systems Specialist - Beaufort Library
Salary: $20.42 hr
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
ASSISTANT IT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Library/Beaufort): Assists with the technology installed at Beaufort County Libraries. Leads troubleshooting efforts for library hardware and software including the ILS and seeks appropriate solutions with the Systems Specialist, vendors, and MIS where appropriate. Assists in the research and testing of potential new or enhanced services and products for the libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree from any accredited college. Library Sciences, Management, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Business Administration or similar sciences
- ALA accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences is preferred
- Experience with library computer systems ILS preferred
- Ability to demonstrate basic competence of Unix-based operating systems including file and software management and with Microsoft Windows operating systems, including servers
- Ability to handle desktop computer support involving Microsoft operating systems, troubleshooting hardware failures, replacing hardware and peripherals, diagnosing software problems and providing remedies, and installing operating systems and application software
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. EOE.