Title: Assistant Disaster Recovery Coordinator - Public Works
Open Until: UNTIL FILLED
ASSISTANT DISASTER RECOVERY COORDINATOR (Public Works): Assists the Disaster Recovery Coordinator with all aspects of preparation and implementation of the Beaufort County Disaster Recovery Plan, Hazard Mitigation Plan, and the Public Works Response and Debris Plans. Assists with planning and coordination of other County departments defined within the Recovery Plan, as well as with Emergency Management and other emergency services for the citizens of Beaufort County. Assists in the preparation and dissemination of information related to such services to citizens and a variety of participating local, state, and federal organizations. Performs clerical duties including documentation, reports, filing, and other duties as needed. Responsible for following and assisting in the enforcement of all applicable directives, rules, and regulations of Beaufort County Government. Must be able to work during emergency events with the Disaster Recovery and Emergency Management teams.
- Associate’s degree or two years of college level coursework in Emergency Management, Mass Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Economic Development
- 2 yrs. of management, logistics, operations, or public relations experience; Emergency management/disaster planning experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office*
- Must be able and willing to stay behind as part of the Emergency Operations Team in the event of an emergency or natural disaster
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
*Candidates considered for this position will be given a practical examination to demonstrate the required level of computer proficiency.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer