2013 Photo Contest Rules
- All photos must be taken within the boundaries of Beaufort County, South Carolina.
- Photos that do not include bird subjects must be taken at one or more selected County preservation sites listed at this website.
- No more than 3 photos may be submitted in any combination of birds or selected habitat locations.
- Entry forms must be completed and submitted by all photographers.
- Subject release forms must be completed by any person in a submitted photograph.
- Any shots taken on selected Rural and Critical Land Preservation sites that are not yet open to the public, require contestants to do the following*:
- Complete and submit the “Consent to Participate and Release of Liability” form before going on these sites, by scanning and e-mailing to email@example.com , faxing to 843-255-9437, or mailing to Photo Contest, Attention Beaufort County Administrator, PO Drawer 1228, Beaufort, SC 29901-1228.
- Keep a copy of the signed “Consent to Participate and Release of Liability” form with you when going on these sites, which include Ihly Farm, Trumps on Factory Creek, Crystal Lake on Lady’s Island, Widgeon Point on Lemon Island, Altamaha, Okatie Preserve, and New Riverside in greater Bluffton.
- Also include a copy of the “Consent to Participate and Release of Liability” form in your submission packet (see Entry Form for details on all items required for submission packet).
- All photos must include name of photographer, location of shot on back of print.
- Prints must be 8 x 10 or 10 x 8.
- Digital copies must be submitted on a disc and be at least 300 dpi or greater.
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 4, 2012.
- Photos will not be returned.
* Only persons going on the selected Rural and Critical Land Preservation sites to take photos need to submit the “Consent to Participate and Release of Liability” form.